Second Connecticut Regiment of Volunteers Heavy Artillery
The town of Litchfield, CT. and American Legion Post 27 honored Civil War soldiers and families in the Battle of Cold Harbor during the 'Reverberations’ Ceremony on May 24, 2014
Our mission is as follows:
The 2d Connecticut Volunteer Heavy Artillery history runs from 1862, when it first mustered as the 19th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry to the end of the war.
Ways the 2d Connecticut Heavies have given back to the Community since 1997:
· We proudly have established the first Union monument to honor the original 2nd Connecticut Volunteer Heavy Artillery at the Cold Harbor Battlefield, Mechanicsville, VA.
· Donations given for Preservation Projects:
· The “Connecticut” stained glass window restoration at the Christ Reform Church, UCC_ Sharpsburg, MD.
· Reconstruction of split rail fences at the Poffenberger Farm-Antietam National Battlefield, MD.
· The Refurbishing project for the 10th Massachusetts monument- Gettysburg, PA.
· The Waterbury Connecticut Soldiers monument restoration, Waterbury, CT.
· Renovation project of the Woodbury Connecticut Old Town Hall- Woodbury, CT.
· Civil War book donations to Connecticut school libraries as part of the 2nd Connecticut education programs performed by the membership.
· Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation, Middletown, VA.
· Saylers Creek Battlefield, Rice, VA.
· Shenandoah Battlefield Association, VA- collaborating to protect Civil War battlefield in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley.
· Accomplished the Preservation of Colonel E.S. Kellogg’s gravesite-Winchester, CT- 2010.
· Sponsored Living History Weekend May 2011 “Camp Dutton Revisited”-Held on Litchfield, CT Green and original Camp Dutton muster site.
· Accomplished Cannon Caisson restoration project by membership of the 2nd Connecticut with monetary and personal time for caisson to be used for educational programs-Antietam National Battlefield, Sharpsburg, MD- April 2012.
· Sponsor Semiannual Civil War Reenactment-Living History event- Woodbury, CT area 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013
Woodbury,Ct. Reenactment pictures Aug. 2013 click here
2d Connecticut Marching to the Cold Harbor Monument June 2009 click here
Monuments Locations of the Second Connecticut VHA click here
Grave sites of the Second Connecticut VHAclick here
We also have included links to reenactment units and sites of interest.
The 2d CVHA library of pictures of re-enactments, living histories and parades in action from our past events.
The Second Connecticut also has men and woman which form our Civilian contingent click here
|[2dCVHA Home] [The2d CVHA In Action] [Event Schedule] [Unit History] [Research] [AboutUs] [Links] [ContactUs] [Membership Application Form] [Members Only]|